Kate Beckinsale finds sexiest woman

Beckinsale
KATE Beckinsale finds her sexiest woman alive title "mortifying" and hopes that her daughter's first taste of acting will put her off a career in films.

"Maybe it'll put her (10-year-old Lily) off - all the hanging about and bits being cut out of the movie," the stunning actress joked at the Hollywood premiere of their new film Everybody's Fine, which also stars Robert De Niro and Drew Barrymore.

"I really don't think she actually wants to become an actress so I may be in a fool's paradise, I did say the same thing when I was a little girl!"

In the film Lily plays a young version of 36-year-old Kate's character, but her mum revealed she earned her place in the cast.

"The producers harassed me for a long time saying 'can she audition?' and I said no because she would probably be on the set anyway, if she auditions and doesn't get it then she's going to feel horrible.
"Eventually she got wind of it and asked if she could and she got it fair and square.

"She didn't really want any advice from me because I'm her mum, do you know what I mean?"

But the actress revealed she'd given her daughter some basic pointers, saying: "Don't look into the camera and don't bump into anything!"

As for the sexiest woman of the year moniker bestowed on her byEsquire magazine last month, Beckinsale said it was mortifying.

"It's such a nice thing to happen and then immediately it's mortifying," she said.

Kate admitted she's struggling to adjust to the new title.

"Somebody came up to me in the street and went 'are you the sexiest woman alive?' and I went 'yes' and then I thought 'errrggh I can't say yes to that!

"I should be shot on sight for that, it's awful!" she joked.

Post a Comment

0 Comments