Michael Jackson-King of Pop on the anniversary

The world was shocked when Michael Jackson suddenly passed away last year at age 50. And “The Early Show” is planning a tribute to the late King of Pop on the anniversary of his death this Friday (June 25th).

The CBS program will feature some of the best and brightest stars as they remember Jackson’s life and prolific career.

On hand to perform will be Christina Aguilera, Marc Anthony, LL Cool J, Smokey Robinson, and James Morrison.

Ms. Aguilera told press, "Music wouldn't be what it is without someone like Michael Jackson. I remember going to my high school talent show singing 'The Way You Make Me Feel' and being a huge fan of his album Bad. I know all my dancers wouldn't be behind me dancing if it weren't for that."

Marc Anthony added, "A Michael Jackson comes around literally once in a lifetime. They break the mold and I think there're people who just sacrifice their life, their personal life all for the arts. That's what Michael did; he sacrificed his life for the arts."

Post a Comment

0 Comments